January 30, 2009

"Sending an E-Invitation.com"

So there I was, minding my own business in line for a bagel the other day, when I couldn't help but overhear the following exchange taking place between two women behind me in line:
June: Have you ever used E-Invitation.com to send a party invitation?

Sally: Yes.

June: I may need your help. I sent an E-Invitation.com to organize a party a few years ago, and need to do it again. But I forget how to make it work.

It took every bit of my self-restraint not to swivel around and stare, open-mouthed.

I sure as hell wasn't about to offer a correction. Last time I interjected myself into a conversation with woefully misinformed strangers, I gently tried to convince the two ladies in line in front of me at Qdoba that the cafe opening soon at the nearby mall was not called Pantera but rather Panera. I was greeted with a haughty "Uh, no...I'm pretty sure it's called Pantera."

I'll take my broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl with a side of RAWK!

Overheard a factual train wreck of a conversation among strangers lately? If so, did you attempt to intervene or just let it crash and burn? Share your story in the comments.

(Image: evite.com)

No comments: